Context: In mid-2009, Evan sent us an email suggesting that since his uncle and cousin work at the zoo, we might be able to get a behind-the-scenes tour and hold some animals.
Sanam: !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have two summer days to spend, and would HAPPILY devote one to holding/tickling/kidnapping a slow loris.
KJ: Things I want to hold, in order of preference:
- Baby Tiger
- Baby Panda
- Adult Panda
- Fennec Fox
- Owl (any variety)
- Golden Eagle
- Pretty much anything else with fur or scales that doesn’t bite.
Evan: I would love to see you holding an adult panda. I have held a fennec fox and it was adorable.
KJ: HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HISTORY EVAN.
Sanam: I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE THIS LIST
- Slow Loris
- Gerenuk (small)
- Baby Anteater
- Fennec Fox of any size!
Evan: I’ll make mine now:
- Baby Snow Leopard
- Fennec Fox
- Anne Hathaway
- Adult Elephant
Katie: Also I want to ride on a giant tortoise. Galapagos by preference.
Aemon: I’m down for some zoo.
- Baby Ostrich
- Pygmy Hippo
- Silverback Gorilla (he would cradle me)
- Giant Ground Sloth - extinct :(
Evan: Elisabeth, let us know if you’ll be around, and also provide a list. I’d like to send the master list to my uncle so that he can have all the animals queued up for easy hugging.
Elisabeth: Yes, best day ever!
- Baby Tiger (dressed in tiger pajamas)
- Baby Grizzly Bear (dressed in bear pajamas)
- Baby Gorilla (dressed in monkey pajamas)
- Baby Giraffe (dressed in giraffe pajamas)
- Full-sized animals will do if no babies are available.
Sanam: I would also like to request that my sloth be wearing overalls and a cap. Thank you.
KJ: Please add to my list: Baby anteater and any sort of penguin.
We did go, and it was great.